Lily School little ones took flight today with a visit to Save Our Seabirds. Their educational field trip consisted of an adventurous day exploring life in the sky as they learned about the rescue and rehabilitation of sick and injured wild birds. Located next to Mote Marine, kids from the Lily School also got an up close look at some marine life which included an enormous seas turtle.
Save Our Seabirds houses over 150 birds in a beautiful three-acre Wild Bird Learning Center, which is essentially an outdoor museum with live displays and educational signage. Their mission is to rescue, rehabilitate, and release sick and injured wild birds while educating the community about preventing injuries and preserving habitats. Birds that are unable to be returned to the wild are given permanent homes in the Wild Bird Learning Center.
Save Our Seabirds is the ONLY organization in Southwest Florida that:
- Focuses on caring for Wild Birds
- Rescues Injured Birds in Four Counties
- Has a Fully-functioning Avian Clinic
- Provides Permanent Homes for Non-releasable Birds
- Is Open to the Public Every Day
- Offers Fully Accredited Field Trips for School Children
- Offers College Internships
- Offers Summer Camps