Direct Support Professional Job Type: Full-time
Work with individuals with disabilities in a respectful, sensitive manner, promoting a participant-friendly, safe and professional environment. Provide training to participants in personal, social, communication, vocational, and leisure/recreational areas as related to their individual goals, using methods and activities which will assist them in working towards their maximum level of independence.
- Guide consumers in activities that facilitate daily living skills, appropriate social behavior, recreational and leisure skills and development of peer relationships.
- Attend to personal care needs of consumers as required.
- Monitor and maintain program area environment cleanliness, equipment and supplies to ensure safety of consumers and staff.
- Ensure client attendance is taken daily in the morning and afternoon.
- All MedPass trained employees will distribute needed medications and administer tube feedings (if trained) in accordance with Agency for Persons with Disabilities and Easter Seals Southwest Florida standards.
- Complete daily participant progress documentation or any related relevant documentation.
- Complete all mandated training as required by Easter Seals Southwest Florida.
- Maintain required annual training hours for position.
- Drive assigned routes for picking up and taking home consumers in a safe and timely manner.
- Comply with Easter Seals policies and procedures utilizing the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and behavior.
- Demonstrate good judgment, diplomacy, courtesy and effective communication while working at Easter Seals or when representing the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of one year’s experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
- Valid Florida driver’s license.
Physical Demands of the Job:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching as well as the ability to push and pull throughout the day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Employment Benefits for eligible employees:
- Excellent benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc.)
- Paid legal holidays
- Paid Time Off program
- Employer matching 403(b) retirement plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber: firstname.lastname@example.org