Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professional Job Type: Full-time
Provide training to individuals with behavioral, developmental and physical disabilities. Teach functional skills to individuals in personal, social, vocational and recreational areas to reach their maximum level of independence.
- Monitor and maintain program area environment cleanliness, equipment
- Ensure client attendance is taken daily in the morning and afternoon.
- Drive assigned routes for picking up and taking home consumers in a safe and timely manner.
- Complete daily participant progress documentation or any related relevant documentation.
- Guide consumers in activities that facilitate daily living skills, appropriate social behavior, recreational and leisure skills, and the development of peer relationships.
- Attend to personal care needs of consumers as required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of one year’s experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
- Valid Florida driver’s license.
Physical Demands of the Job:
Job requires the ability to see, hear, speak, manual dexterity, frequent intervals of sitting, standing, walking, balance, and the ability to repetitively lift and move up to 75 lbs. Requires flexibility and ability to stoop, crouch, bend, push and pull. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber: email@example.com