Early Steps Cert. Physical Therapist
EARLY STEPS CERT. PHYSICAL THERAPIST Job Type: Full-time
Direct the complete treatment of the clients for a healthier and more active lifestyle, providing services to develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout the lifespan. Responsible for assessment, diagnosis, development of a management plan, implementation of treatment, monitoring and documenting results and determining appropriate termination of services, when possible. Specific exercises, manual therapy and manipulation, mechanical devices such as traction, education, physical agents including heat, cold, electricity, sound waves, radiation, rays, prescription of assistive devices, prostheses, orthoses and other interventions may be included.
- Conduct screenings and evaluate clients to determine need for intervention/treatment. Develop treatment plan; implement, conduct and monitor client’s response to treatment.
- Communicate with client, family and team members an appropriate home or community program to maintain or enhance the client’s performance.
- Provide/recommend/fabricate adaptive devices or other equipment; train client, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of orthotics and prosthetics.
- Adapt treatment and programs to meet the individual needs of the client. Document results of client’s assessment, treatment, follow-up and termination of services.
- Master’s Degree or greater in Science/Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
- Current state licensure or license eligible.
- Successful completion of National Certification Examination for Physical Therapy.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an Occupational Therapist.
- Early Steps Certification.
- Valid Florida driver’s license.
Physical Demands of the Job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching throughout the day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber: firstname.lastname@example.org