RESPITE WORKER Job Type: Full-time
The Respite Worker is responsible for the care of the Respite Program client and/or siblings in the absence of the child’s primary caregiver or parents.
- Assure the safety and well-being of each child.
- Provide good physical care which includes toileting, dressing and feeding.
- Initiate, motivate and supervise activities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge or experience working with children with special needs.
- Ability to interact positively with children, parents and professional staff.
- Infant, Child & Adult CPR/First Aid and HIV/AIDS training and certification is preferred but will train to obtain certification.
- Must hold a valid Florida driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
Physical Demands of the Job:
Job requires the ability to see, hear, speak, manual dexterity, frequent intervals of sitting, standing, walking, balance, and the ability to repetitively lift and move up to 75 lbs. Requires flexibility and ability to stoop, crouch, bend, push and pull. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber: firstname.lastname@example.org