SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST Job Type: Full-time
Provide direct Speech Therapy services to clients with special needs, including assessments, treatment, program planning and implementation, related documentation and communication. Deliver Speech-Language Therapy under physicians’ orders to evaluate and provide treatment for Communication/Swallowing Delays and Disorders.
- Conduct screenings of clients and obtain necessary data to determine need for intervention, treatment planning and implementation.
- Serve as liaison to client, family and team to conduct specialized evaluations, interpret and communicate evaluation findings, establish client schedules, and coordinate treatment plans.
- Monitor client’s response to intervention and modify treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician orders.
- Develop appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the client in their own environment.
- Document results of client’s assessment, treatment, follow-up and termination of services. Participate in discharge planning.
- Review the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and of individual speech therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria
- Master’s Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from an ASHA accredited University.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a Speech-Language Pathologist.
- Experience working with children and adults with Autism preferred.
- Valid Florida driver’s license.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from ASHA Department of Health License from the state of Florida.
- Must have Florida Medicaid number and National Provider Identification number.
Physical Demands of the Job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching throughout the day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber:firstname.lastname@example.org or call Linda Poteat-Brown, Vice President of Human Resources, for more information at (941) 355-7637.