SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST Job Type: Full-time
Easterseals Southwest Florida is seeking a full-time Speech-Language Pathologist specializing in Pediatric Alternative and Augmentative Communication to provide direct service to Easterseals Academy Students with special needs, including assessments, treatment, program planning, and implementation, related documentation, and communication. This position also provides consultation to Instructional Staff for Pre-school through Grade 12 students with Alternative/Augmentative Communication needs. The Speech-Language Pathologist provides Speech/Language Therapy under physicians’ orders to evaluate and provide treatment for Communication Delays and Disorders.
- Conduct screenings of clients and obtain necessary data to determine need for intervention, treatment planning and implementation
- Serve as liaison to client, family and team to conduct specialized evaluations, interpret and communicate evaluation findings, establish client schedules, and coordinate treatment plans.
- Monitor client’s response to intervention and modify treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician orders.
- Develop appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the client in his/her own environment.
- Document results of client’s assessment, treatment, follow-up and termination of services. Participate in discharge planning.
- Conduct trainings as needed for visual support strategies to use in classrooms.
- Conduct nings using low-tech and high-tech communication systems.
- Review the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and of individual speech therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria.
- Master’s Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from an ASHA accredited University.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a Speech-Language Pathologist.
- Experience working with children that have Alternative/Augmentative Communication needs.
- Have a working knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Significant experience working with children on the Autism Spectrum preferred.
- Valid Florida driver’s license.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from ASHA Department of Health License from the State of Florida.
- Florida Medicaid number and National Provider Identification number preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferable but will train to obtain certification.
- All employees must pass a background screening and drug test for employment.
Physical Demands of the Job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. This position is very active and requires standing; walking; bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching throughout the day. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Easterseals SWFL is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Temperatures taken upon entry to our site; mask required, frequent handwashing, and social distancing practiced.
Employment Benefits for eligible employees:
- Excellent benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc.)
- Paid legal holidays
- Paid Time Off program
- Employer matching 403(b) retirement plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber:email@example.com or call Linda Poteat-Brown, Vice President of Human Resources, for more information at (941) 355-7637.