Principal – ESSWFL Academy
ESSWFL ACADEMY, PRINCIPAL Job Type: Full-time
The Principal will serve as educational leader for the Kindergarten through 12th grade programs across multiple Easterseals Southwest Florida (ESSWFL) Academy sites. Responsible for development, implementation, supervision, and evaluation of a comprehensive program of educational and student services. Administer the program in accordance with school board policies, statutory requirements, administrative rules and regulations, as well as organizational leadership direction. Serve as an advocate for the staff, students, and school community as appropriate.
- Develop, implement, supervise, and evaluate a comprehensive program of educational and student services.
- Administer the program in accordance with school board policies, statutory requirements, administrative rules and regulations, as well as organizational leadership direction.
- Utilize conflict resolution strategies and problem-solving skills to address child, family, team or organizational issues.
- Serve as an advocate for the staff, students, and school community as appropriate.
- Comply with Easterseals policies and procedures utilizing the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and behavior.
- Demonstrate good judgment, diplomacy, courtesy and effective communication while working at Easterseals or when representing the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership or closely related field required.
- Three (3) years minimum experience in an administrative position. Five (5) years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities with systematically increasing responsibilities.
- Level 2 Florida Department of Education Principal Certification
All employees must pass a background screening and drug test for employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching throughout the day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
or Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber:email@example.com or call Linda Poteat-Brown, Director of Human Resources, for more information at (941) 355-7637.