Assistant Teacher – ESSWFL Elementary School
ESSWFL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, ASSISTANT TEACHER Job Type: Full-time
Assist with the direct care and supervision of the children in the center, providing for their physical, social, emotional, and educational needs in a safe, clean, and stimulating environment.
- Assist with the implementation of developmentally appropriate lesson plans.
- Assist with the overall care, health, and safety of the children in the classroom.
- Maintain and complete all state mandated United States Department of Agriculture Child Care Feeding Program (USDA CCFP) attendance, meal count paperwork and sign in/out paperwork.
- Maintain the implemented processes to keep the classroom compliant for Department of Children and Families (DCF), Manatee and Sarasota County Early Learning Coalitions, and USDA CCFP inspections.
- Comply with Easter Seals policies and procedures utilizing the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and behavior.
- Demonstrate good judgment, diplomacy, courtesy and effective communication while working at Easter Seals or when representing the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Mandated 40+5 hours of training by the Department of Children and Families (DCF)
- Must complete training in Developmentally Appropriate Practices for the age of the classroom being taught (Infant/Toddler Children, Preschool, or School Age) within 60 days of employment.
- A minimum of one year of classroom experience preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferable but will train to obtain certification.
All employees must pass a background screening and drug test for employment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. This position is very active and requires standing; walking; bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching throughout the day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
or Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber:firstname.lastname@example.org or call Linda Poteat-Brown, Director of Human Resources, for more information at (941) 355-7637.