KITCHEN ASSISTANT Job Type: Full-time
The Kitchen Assistant provides support, under the direction of the cook, to carry out the full range of kitchen operations, which may include the transportation of meal service components, in accordance with federal, state, and local requirements. Work with individuals with disabilities in a respectful, sensitive manner, promoting a participant-friendly, safe and professional environment. Maintains sanitary standards and safety conditions in the kitchen and storeroom areas including proper disposal of food.
- Be able to identify the difference between dry, cool and freezer food
- Assemble food, dishes, utensils and supplies necessary for timely meal preparation
- Sort food for delivery to sites (when applicable), and classrooms, adhering to recommended portion size based on age group and family style meal service
- Deliver meals from the central kitchen to classrooms and when applicable, other sites as required
- Rotate stock, monitor serve-by dates, and discard any returned food or expired stock, in accordance with Health and Sanitation codes
- Assist cook to complete routine maintenance of kitchen facilities and equipment, including daily, weekly, and monthly checklists for cleaning and sanitation
- Cleans kitchen work areas, collects and disposes of garbage.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months food service experience preferred
- Must have or be able to obtain a food handlers certification within 60 days upon hiring.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
All employees must pass a background screening and drug test for employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching throughout the day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
or Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber:email@example.com or call Linda Poteat-Brown, Director of Human Resources, for more information at (941) 355-7637.