Teacher – ESSWFL Elementary School
ESSWFL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, TEACHER Job Type: Full-time
Assure development of lesson plans and activities that facilitate progress toward grade level achievement. Document student progress as required by local and state regulations. Assist all students with completion of state required exams and assessments.
- Assure that the programs for individuals meet Easter Seals Southwest Florida, local school districts and state regulations.
- Create and implement lesson plans aligned to Curriculum Standards.
- Maintain effective classroom management and provide continual supervision of students to ensure their safety & well-being.
- Lead in educational training as well as aid in personal care functions.
- Assess needs and develop written Individual Education Plans for assigned individuals.
- Administer quarterly assessments and End of Course exams as required.
- Maintain required reports and written documentation to include timesheets, incident reports, etc. and assist in internal case management functions as assigned.
- Comply with Easter Seals policies and procedures utilizing the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and behavior.
- Demonstrate good judgment, diplomacy, courtesy and effective communication while working at Easter Seals or when representing the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Florida Teaching Certificate in Elementary Education
- Exceptional Student Education Certification Preferred
- Two (2) years’ experience with exceptional student education population preferred.
- Specialization in Elementary Education K-6; Exceptional student education K- 12.
All employees must pass a background screening and drug test for employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching throughout the day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
or Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber:email@example.com or call Linda Poteat-Brown, Director of Human Resources, for more information at (941) 355-7637.