Elementary School Nurse
ESSWFL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, NURSE Job Type: Full-time
Monitor and ensure the Easterseals environment is safe and free of health hazards.
- Monitor participants’ environment for safety and health hazards and make recommendations for needed corrections and/or file appropriate reports.
- Distribute medicine to clients and train staff in proper medication administration.
- Develop health plans and classroom protocols for individual education plans.
- Perform assessments of clients when health concerns arise and report concerns to appropriate guardians/care givers.
- Assure assessment data is accessible, communicated and recorded according to state and federal regulations and facility policies and procedures.
- Respond to emergencies in a timely manner and provide interventions as warranted.
- Maintain and safeguard medical equipment and supplies, including emergency equipment.
- Maintain a current, individual medical record, which reflects the medical status of each client.
- Provide training for CPR, First Aid, Infection Control, Medication Administration and other required health related topics as needed.
- Comply with Easter Seals policies and procedures utilizing the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and behavior.
- Demonstrate good judgment, diplomacy, courtesy and effective communication while working at Easter Seals or when representing the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years nursing experience.
- Ability to work with persons with disabilities in a respectful manner is critical to this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Required.
- Current state licensure.
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferable but will train to obtain certification.
All employees must pass a background screening and drug test for employment. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching as well as the ability to push and pull throughout the day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to and in excess of 75 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
or Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber:firstname.lastname@example.org or call Linda Poteat-Brown, Director of Human Resources, for more information at (941) 355-7637.