High School Assistant Teacher Job Type: Full-time
This position is responsible for providing assistance in the implementation of programs for individuals participating in the Secondary Education Academy at Easter Seals Southwest Florida. Assists the Secondary Education Teacher with providing skill training and experiences based on individual student goals.
- Provide educational and vocational skills training to aid students in making the transition from school to work or in specific activities of daily living which will assist students with attaining independence related to their abilities.
- Complete daily student progress documentation or any related relevant documentation.
- Monitor use and maintain program area equipment and supplies as well as program area environment to ensure the safety of students and staff.
- Distribute needed medications and assist in personal care of students in accordance with Manatee County School District, Agency for Persons with Disabilities and Easter Seals Southwest Florida as necessary and with required training.
- Comply with Easter Seals policies and procedures utilizing the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and behavior.
- Demonstrate good judgment, diplomacy, courtesy, and effective communication while working at Easter Seals or when representing the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with persons with disabilities. Working knowledge of training techniques to assist students in making the transition from school to work. Must hold a valid Class D Florida driver’s license.
or Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber:email@example.com or call Linda Poteat-Brown, Director of Human Resources, for more information at (941) 355-7637.