Assistant Teacher (Infant Room) Job Type: Full-time
Assist with the direct care and supervision of the children in the Infant Room, providing for their physical, social, emotional, and educational needs in a safe, clean, and stimulating environment.
- Develop and implement developmentally appropriate preschool programs for young children.
- Assisting the lead teacher in planning and implementing activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social/emotional needs of the children in the program
- Ensure equipment and facility are clean, well maintained and safe at all times
- Responsible for completing the classroom cleaning log with classroom staff and submitting to the office each month
2. Supervise children in the center.
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance
- Implement positive discipline when required
- Outdoor play areas shall be under the supervision of staff interacting with the children.
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand
- Observe children and make notes of progress
- Integrate special needs children in a positive and respectful manner
- DCF Definition of Direct Supervision: SUPERVISION OF CHILDREN The knowledge of and accounting for the activity and whereabouts of each child in care and the proximity of staff to children at all times assuring immediate intervention of staff to safeguard a child from harm.
3. Communicate with parents/guardians.
- Discuss children’s development with parents/guardians
4. Maintain program administration.
- Keep parents informed of program expectations, program activities, and their child’s progress
- Conduct semi-annual parent/teacher conferences with Lead Teacher
- Maintain a portfolio and developmental assessment for each child in your class
5. Prepares, maintains and ensures classroom meets compliance mandates for Department of Children and Families (DCF), Manatee, Charlotte and Sarasota County Early Learning Coalitions, Manatee and Sarasota School Boards and USDA inspections.
6. Complies with Easterseals policies and procedures utilizing the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and behavior.
7. Demonstrates good judgment, diplomacy, courtesy and effective communication while working at Easterseals or when representing the organization.
8. Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Required: High School Diploma or GED. Mandated 45 hours of training by the Department of Children and Families preferred before hire.
- Experience: A minimum of one-year experience in an early childhood classroom.
Line of Authority: Reports to Lead Teacher and Lily School Director.
or Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber:email@example.com or call Linda Poteat-Brown, Vice President of Human Resources, for more information at (941) 355-7637.