Case Manager – Autism Center of Excellence
Job Type: Full-Time
Summary of Position
Serve as the first point of contact for clients and families seeking resources related to autism and autism services. Collaborate with the case management team and refer internally to Easterseals directors and/or coordinators as well as partners and outside organizations.
- Scheduling of appointments and assessments for the Diagnostic Clinic. Following up with families on needed information. Maintain an accurate waitlist for psychological evaluations. Regular communication with all directors, coordinators, and other case managers to keep this up to date.
- First point of contact for Autism and Support Services programs: Mental Health, Music Therapy, ABA Therapy. Assist families with admissions. Refer to coordinators/case managers for neurofeedback, schools, other therapies
- Be knowledgeable of resources in the community for families and clients related to Autism- these might include: parent trainings, sensory resources, social gatherings for clients and families with autism.
- Become familiar with existing community partners who support Autism awareness and develop new partnerships with others.
- Provide general overview and direction to parents for all educational scholarship programs and potential funding sources.
- Knowledgeable about Medicaid and commercial insurance processes. Ability to assist families in obtaining Medicaid or Medwaiver.
- Develop a thorough intake process to obtain as much information from each family as possible to understand and provide for the client’s needs.
- Create a needs assessment and a plan of action when needed. Provide follow up and support to our clients to make sure their needs are being met.
- Maintain confidential records of services provided and recommended.
- Be cognizant of clients’ cultural and religious beliefs when working with them.
- Empathetic, organized & possessing strong communication skills, demonstrating resourcefulness and the ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
Position Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in special education, psychology, social work, or related field required
- Experience working in the field.
- Minimum five years’ special education experience required.
- Fulltime, Monday – Friday; must be willing to work some weekend and evening hours
or Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Linda Poteat-Brown, Vice President of Human Resources, for more information at (941) 355-7637.