Essential Oil Education with Dr. Brenda Yanofsky
Hello from Dr. Brenda, here. A wonderful way to share and learn about the power of essential oils is the doTerra 7 Oil Kids Kit. These oils are useful for kids and adults and come in An adorable case to carry your oils wherever you want to go. The oils may be purchased individually or as a kit and include flashcards to teach you about each oil. The oils are a combination of oils diluted with fractionated coconut oil and it is safe and gentle for young children to use them independently once they learn about the oils. Color-coded labels and roll-ons make the application fun and easy. With adult help, children learn to safely apply the oils on their feet, tummy, hands, heart, and head. These 10 ml roll-on blends support the body, mind, and spirit and work together as well to create a feeling of well-being and reduce anxiety.
Register to Win the August Giveaway Contest
The August doTERRA Giveaway is a Kid’s Oil Collection, worth $140 in retail value. Don’t forget to register to win this month’s free giveaway by sharing any of Easterseals Southwest Florida’s August 2021 Giveaway posts on social media. Be sure to include the hashtag #EastersealsThanksDoterra and you’re automatically registered. If you don’t want to wait for one of the August Giveaway posts, you can simply share this article on social media with the same hashtag. The winner will be announced at the beginning of September. Good luck!
The collection includes:
- Calmer – Restful BlendTamer
- Digestive BlendThinker
- Focus BlendBrave
- Courage BlendStronger
- Protective BlendRescuer
- Soothing BlendSteady
- Grounding Blend
Individual oils from the Kid’s Oil Collection will be available in early December.
Introduce your child to essential oils with the doTERRA Kid’s Collection. Pre-diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil, these essential oil blends are gentle enough for children of all ages. Each of these kid-friendly blends is formulated with children in mind—their fragrance preferences, emotional needs, and most common health complaints. Color-coded labels and roll-on tops make the application easy and fun. And while they are created with children in mind, don’t be surprised if you fall in love with a few of these blends yourself.
With adult help, your child can learn to safely apply these essential oil blends to their tummy, hands, head, and heart. As your children grow up using these oils, they can learn to identify their feelings and solve everyday complaints about lifelong success and happiness. The doTERRA Kid’s Collection includes six pre-diluted 10 mL roll-on blends designed to support the heart, body, and mind.
Calmer™ Restful Blend helps your child relax and promotes sleep. It creates restful feelings throughout the mind and body with essential oils of Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, Buddha Wood, and Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Lavender and Roman Chamomile soothe anxious feelings that can interfere with falling to sleep.
- Buddha Wood has a high concentration of complex sesquiterpenes that can be grounding, calming, and supportive of bedtime routines when experienced aromatically.
- The aroma of Ylang Ylang blossoms promotes relaxation.
These oils in Calmer help quiet the mind before bedtime, support restful sleep, and encourage relaxation.
Tamer™ Digestive Blend is made for kids of all ages, the unique combination of essential oils in Tamer Digestive Blend soothes and cools while providing a pleasant, universally appealing aroma.
- Tamer contains the unique benefits of essential oils including Spearmint, to uplift and improve mood; Japanese Peppermint, with menthol to soothe and cool skin; and Ginger, with its calming aroma, all perfectly blended with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Tamer Digestive Blend is a synergistic blend of oils known for their ability to ease the effects of motion sickness and stomach upset when inhaled or applied topically.
- After hours in the car, the aroma will help freshen the air and make their environment feel better.
Tamer oil blend is perfect for little ones who are experiencing unpleasant tummy troubles.
Thinker™ Focus Blend helps prevent mental distraction and reduce feelings of mental stress and fatigue. This kid-pleasing blend is comprised of Vetiver, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Clementine essential oils with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Vetiver root is a rich, woody oil that calms the mind and brings focus.
- Peppermint and Clementine are energizing and encourage a positive outlook.
- Research suggests that inhaling Rosemary essential oil may help people recall previously learned material, making it an excellent companion for test day.
Together, these oils combine in Thinker help instill a sense of alertness and focus while doing homework, during tests, or anytime concentration is needed.
Brave™ Courage Blend helps manage stress and feelings of anxiousness. Counteract negative emotions of doubt, pessimism, and cynicism with Brave Courage Blend. This blend combines essential oils of Wild Orange, Osmanthus Flower, Cinnamon Bark, and Amyris Wood.
- Wild Orange is an uplifting and energizing oil with a sweet, citrus aroma.
- Amyris Wood is traditionally used to promote calm feelings and manage stress.
- Osmanthus Flower is chemically similar to Rose. Native to Asia, it is emotionally supportive when experiencing overwhelmed or stressful feelings.
- Cinnamon Bark is energizing and provides warming and soothing benefits to the skin when properly diluted.
Energizing and invigorating, Brave promotes feelings of confidence, courage, and belief in oneself.
Stronger™ Protective Blend promotes a natural immune defense and is soothing to the emotions and the skin during times of distress. This blend combines Frankincense, Cedarwood, Rose, and Litsea essential oils with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Litsea is sometimes called “tropical verbena” due to its similar fragrance. It has a pleasant, fresh, lemony aroma. It has a high concentration of geranial and neral, which gives it calming and soothing benefits.
- Frankincense has a warm, spicy aroma that promotes peaceful feelings. It is also soothing and rejuvenating to the skin.
- Cedarwood has been used historically for its calming and relaxing aroma. Emerging scientific evidence is providing support for this use.
- Osmanthus flower essential oil is chemically similar to Rose. It has a high concentration of ionones, making it ideal for emotional support when you are feeling overwhelmed.
These emotionally soothing oils combine in Strong to create a dynamic blend that strengthens the mind and body.
Rescuer™ Soothing Blend reduces feelings of tension in the neck and shoulders. This relaxing blend is comprised of essential oils of Lavender, Spearmint, Copaiba, and Tomar seed with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Lavender has been used to soothe head and neck tension since the days of Queen Elizabeth I of England. Its fresh, lightly floral aroma instills a sense of relaxation.
- Spearmint is topically cooling to the skin, thanks to its menthol content, and is mentally refreshing.
- Tomar seed essential oil is harvested from the fruit of a tree native to Nepal. It is used to encourage relaxation at the end of the day.
- Copaiba helps calm anxious feelings when inhaled.
Together, these remarkable oils blend beautifully into a highly soothing blend that can help your child unwind and relax after a busy day.
Steady™ Grounding Blend helps balance mood and soothe upset feelings when emotions seem close to the surface. As a parent, you notice when your child seems to be extra sensitive. Sometimes, this means they need a long nap, an extra snuggle, or some one-on-one time. You can help your child feel more calm and balanced with Steady. This blend combines essential oils of Amyris Wood, Balsam Fir, Coriander, and Magnolia with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Amyris Wood (also known as West Indian Sandalwood) is traditionally used in meditation practices to promote calm feelings and manage stress. It has a gentle, woody aroma.
- Balsam Fir has a Christmas tree aroma that is relaxing during times of busyness or upheaval.
- Coriander seed is an herbal oil used in massage for its soothing effects.
- Magnolia has a high linalool content. Research suggests that inhaled magnolia essential oil (due to its linalool content) may help to promote feelings of calmness and relaxation.
Together, these oils combine in Steady to evoke calm and balanced feelings. Apply Steady on the bottom of the feet, to wrists, or to the back of the neck to promote feelings of calmness and steady the emotions.
doTERRA Kid’s Collection Uses and Benefits
The doTERRA Kid’s Collection is a kid-friendly introduction to essential oils. Here are some of the ways to use this collection to help your child.
- Apply Calmer™ Restful Blend to wrists before bedtime or naps to quiet the mind and soothe away worries. It is helpful for children of all ages. This blend can help older children take control of their own sleeping habits.
- When your child is feeling self-doubt, worry, or anxiety, reach for Brave™ Courage Blend. This energizing blend promotes confidence and belief in oneself. It can be helpful to keep on hand before a sports event, musical performance, test, or anytime children need a little encouragement to believe in themselves.
- If your child is getting distracted during homework time, pull out Thinker™ Focus Blend. Apply to the wrists of children who are easily distracted. This is also a great blend to use before tests.
- When your child is in need of a comforting touch, apply Strong™ Protective Blend during times of distress. It supports a natural immune defense and offers emotionally strengthening benefits. When your child isn’t feeling the best, leave a bottle of Stronger Protective Blend on their dresser or apply to the back of the neck for an added boost.
- After your child’s soccer game or after a busy day running around the neighborhood, apply Rescuer™ Soothing Blend to your child’s temples, neck, joints, or other targeted areas for all-around comfort. In addition to its topical benefits, Rescuer also promotes a relaxing and tension-free environment.
- When your child’s emotions seem close to the surface, you can support balanced feelings with Steady™ Grounding Blend. Before your child leaves for school, apply Steady on the bottom of the feet to promote feelings of calmness and tranquility throughout the day. Apply Steady to wrists or neck as needed during the day to steady the emotions.
Intended for use with parental supervision. Keep out of reach of children under the age of three.
Here are some ways to use this collection to help your child or yourself.
1. For relaxation before bedtime or to quiet your mind, apply CALMER to your wrists, abdomen, and bottom of your feet.
2. When you or your child feel self-doubt, worry, or anxiety, BRAVE provides support for confidence and belief in oneself.
3. THINKER reduces distractions when working on a project or homework. Apply to wrists, back or neck, or abdomen.
4. STRONG provides comfort, supports the immune system, and strengthens emotions during challenging times.
5. After a busy day of too many activities or over-scheduling, RESCUER promotes relaxation and reduces tensions. Great on temple, neck, joints, or abdomen.
6. When needing a feeling of calm and tranquility, enjoy STEADY. Apply to wrists, neck, the bottom of feet for CALM.
7. TAMER is a unique blend to assist digestive issues, improve mood, or assist with motion sickness. Great to cool, soothe, and calm stomach issues from indigestion, anxiety, and stress.
These oils are intended for children over the age of three and are a great supportive kit for adults as well.
- Class Ideas from A to Z: Back to School – https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/events-class-ideas-back-to-school
- Aromatherapy Play Dough – https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/diy-aromatherapy-playdough
- Essential Oils and Kids – https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/science-wellness-essential-oils-kids
- Using the doTERRA Kid’s Oil Collection – https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/spotlight-doterra-kids-collection
- Kids & Essential Oils Presentation – https://www.doterra.com/US/en/kids-essential-oils-presentation
What Do Essential Oils Have to Do with Easterseals Southwest Florida?
Easterseals Southwest Florida has partnered with doTERRA to offer you natural solutions that benefit your life. Every time you purchase products using the Easterseals’ doTERRA link, your purchase helps support our organization. In short, you benefit from a winning partnership that supports the many incredible Easterseals Southwest Florida programs in our local community!
Easterseals has a long history of innovation and collaboration to create a solid financial base for multiple programs for the population we serve. With nonprofits exploring new ways to create a solid philanthropic base of financial support during these exceptional times, we have continued to partner with high-quality companies and projects that will support our vision for many generations to come. We have appreciated the support of Dr. Brenda Yanofsky, psychologist, acupuncture physician, and essential oil educator over the last few years.
A Final Note
I hope you find this information useful and that you and your child can benefit from this amazing mix of essential oils. Take time to work with your child to help them learn to safely create a feeling of well-being and reduce anxiety within themselves while building confidence and independence.
Dr. Brenda Yanofsky, EdD, LAc, Board
Certified, NCCAOM, Diplomate
Who is Dr. Brenda Yanofsky?
Dr. Brenda has degrees from the University of Massachusetts, Tufts University, Boston University, and the East-West College of Natural Medicine. Her passion for natural health solutions for all ages, especially in the area of stress management and caregiver support, connects with our desire to provide support to our community. Dr. Brenda has offered her expertise as a gift to any Easterseals families, staff, and supporters, and is available for free consultations and education on the use of essential oil solutions. She actively donates to Easterseals Southwest Florida each month and supports our fundraising efforts through the doTERRA Healing Hands Foundation matching fundraiser opportunities.
Personally, Dr. Brenda has integrated essential oils into her daily personal health protocol for over forty years as well as shared this information with her patients. Dr. Brenda is also a certified instructor and for the Aromatouch Technique Massage which integrates the oils with healing touch and healing for the immune system, stress, homeostasis, and inflammation. She currently owns and operates Harmony Health & Healing which is located in the Meadows Country Club in Sarasota, Florida. Feel free to contact Dr. Brenda directly for advice and support.
Dr. Brenda Yanofsky | (941) 955-1220 | firstname.lastname@example.org | doctorbrenda.com