Pre-K, Lead Teacher Job Type: Full-time
This position will plan and implement age and developmentally appropriate classroom activities that are flexible to meet the needs of each child enrolled in the Child Development Center program of Easterseals of Southwest Florida.
1. Develop and implement a developmentally appropriate preschool program for young children
- a. Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social/emotional needs of the children in the program
- b. Ensure equipment and facility are clean, well maintained, and safe at all times
- c. Ensures Creative Curriculum is implemented with developmentally appropriate lesson plans and learning environment
- d. Lesson plans are required to be handed in two weeks at a time and due the Friday a week before they start
- e. Responsible for completing the classroom cleaning log with classroom staff and submitting it to the office each month
2. Supervise children in the center
- a. Ensure children are supervised at all times
- b. Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
- c. Establish routines and provide positive guidance
- d. Implement positive discipline when required
- e. Outdoor play areas shall be under the supervision of staff interacting with the children
- f. Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand
- g. Observe children and make notes of progress
- h. Integrate special needs children in a positive and respectful manner
- i. DCF Definition of Direct Supervision: SUPERVISION OF CHILDREN The knowledge of and accounting for the activity and whereabouts of each child in care and the proximity of staff to children at all times assuring immediate intervention of staff to safeguard a child from harm.
3. Communicate with parents/guardians
- a. Discuss children’s development with parents/guardians
- b. Maintain program administration
- c. Keep parents informed of program expectations, program activities, and their child’s progress
- d. Conduct semi-annual parent/teacher conferences
- e. Maintain a portfolio and developmental assessment for each child in your class
5. Prepares, maintains, and ensures classroom meets compliance mandates for Department of Children and Families (DCF), Manatee, Charlotte, and Sarasota County Early Learning Coalitions, Manatee and Sarasota School Boards, and USDA inspections
6. Complies with Easterseals policies and procedures utilizing the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and behavior.
7. Demonstrates good judgment, diplomacy, courtesy, and effective communication while working at Easterseals or when representing the organization
8. Other duties as assigned
- Education Required: Florida Child Care Professional Certification (FCCPC), Child Development Associate (CDA), Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPC); Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or a formal education with a minimum of six (6) hours of Early Childhood Education coursework.
- Mandated 45 hours of training by the Department of Children and Families preferred before hire.
- Experience: A minimum of two years experience as a lead teacher in a preschool classroom.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License. Pediatric CPR/First Aid Certification is required; will train to obtain if necessary.
- All employees must pass a background screening and drug test for employment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing; walking; bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching throughout the day. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
or Email cover letter and resume to Deborah Weber: email@example.com or call Linda Poteat-Brown, Director of Human Resources, for more information at (941) 355-7637.